Last week I decided it was the perfect time to do Dr. Oz's 3 day detox. I took a screenshot of this picture from Pinterest and headed to the store. I had most ingredients, but picked up the fresh veggies, fruit, and a probiotic. The next day I began the detox.
My Recommendations for Success
- Have your measuring cup, spoons, and a knife next to your blender. (I was surprised by how much prep work went into each smoothie).
- Chop all veggies up before adding them to your blender, I have a cheap one from Walmart, so I had to really dice my veggies. I used frozen fruit so they were all ready to go.
- For the love of all things, PLEASE eat the lunch drink's celery and cucumber separately. On the first day I added those veggies into the smoothie and it came out slimy, chunky, and watery all at the same time. The texture was awful. The following day I just ate the veggie slices while my smoothie blended, it was a much better taste. Not cheating since it's all going in your stomach the same way!
- Complete the detox during 3 days where you don't need to be away from your kitchen for too long. On the 3rd day, my mom and I took Little Monkey to a park about an hour from home and I ended up eating a raspberry lime popsicle for lunch. It was made from real ingredients (I read the label, always read your labels!!) but had to have something after walking around for so long.
- If at all possible, have husband's food ready beforehand. Encourage him to eat out for lunch and to make sandwiches for dinner so that you don't have to be over a stove drooling over the smell of chewable food ha!
- Drink water, on day one I didn't drink anything but the smoothies, but day 2 I drank water when I started to feel hungry. It helped, plus it was so refreshing!
- I'm not sure why it was recommended to buy 6 lemons. I ended up have 2 left over even though I was diligent in following the plan. I used extra lemon slices in my water to add to the detox experience.
- ENJOY that bathtime, I loved having an evening bath, if you're a mama use this time to reeeelax and detox!
- Use this detox as a chance to get to know that hungry feeling again. Very quickly I started to notice feeling full vs feeling hungry. One day I realized I wanted a snack even though I wasn't hungry, that showed me how I was eating without needing nutrition.
- I experienced some lower back pain on day 2, I Googled it and found that back pain during a detox is a sign that it's working to clean out those toxins!
- By day 3 I was rather used to the smoothie regime and they tasted great to me. I was have minor anxiety about eating real food the next day. I survived,haha, but don't be surprised if it leaves your taste buds craving real food instead of junk. That's the effect I wanted, so I was pleased!
- To be totally honest with y'all, I wasn't doing this for weight loss so it didn't occur to me to weight myself before and after. I wanted to complete the detox, to detox, but my stomach looked flatter after the 3 days of bloating and my skin had a nice healthy glow.