I'm linking up today with Everyday Thoughts, So Called Homemaker and That Southern Mama for today's Mamas Tell All!
Should we start with the good and end with the bad?
Nah, I'm starting with the bad, always want to end on a good note!
- Never feeling like you got enough sleep. Neveeeerrrrr
- Realizing until your children are 18 you will have to share your food so now it must be healthy
- Pressures to lose the baby weight
- Stretch marks
- Wanting to wear sweatpants every.single. day. but forcing yourself into jeans so you feel somewhat attractive
- Hair pulling, Little Monkey loves to yank my hair around. No I'm not cutting it.
- Sometimes not wanting to be touched. at. all.
- Dreading doctor's visits because of that **** weight scale
- Being a working mom and sometimes only seeing Little Monkey for 3 hours in one day.
- Having to turn off my emotions before walking into work so I don't have a total meltdown
- People holding your baby without asking you first
- People giving you advice on how to feed/burp/swaddle/hold/whatever they think they know better than you for your baby
- Trying not to compare yourself to other moms, but doing it anyway
- People putting their fingers in your baby's mouth
- Being treated like I'm a bad mom for working and a bad employee for being a mom
- Wanting another baby, but not wanting another one quite yet
- Mama guilt, this encompasses everything in a nut shell
- Morning snuggles
- A drooly grinning baby
- Being chased by a giggling, crawling baby
- Long walks with my baby daddy
- All the smiles I get at the store just for being the mom of a super cute baby
- Knowing I can do hard things
- Having a healthy baby is the biggest blessing in the world
- When Little Monkey lays his head on me before falling asleep. Melts my heart
- Watching my dad hold my son
- Watching my mom hold my son
- Watching my husband hold my son
- Daydreaming about "what he'll be like"
- Sharing stories with other moms
- Reading books to my baby
- Planning the holiday season with a little one
- Road trips!
- Dressing baby up in cute clothes
- Soft, kissable cheeks
- How they smell right after bath time
- When he just wants to sit with me, just because he's a precious boy
- Teaching him new things, especially how to cook!
- Little Monkey loves to watch his dad do projects (yes with the projects again!)
- Seeing Little Monkey's face when trying a new food, hilarious!
- First experiences, everything is a first for a baby... everything!
- The accomplishment of knowing I did something INCREDIBLY AMAZING with my body
- Knowing this little person, this beautiful baby will be around for a long time to come
- Teaching him through example and guidance so that one day he can serve others and change the world, a little bit at a time